It was 1895 when Charles Frey gifted us with the invention that would forever change the history of gambling: the slot machine. The Bavarian-born American car mechanic came up with a lever-operated cast iron shell that housed three metal spinning reels inside. He called it the Liberty Bell.
Gamblers rejoiced with the creation of such a simple, yet fun, betting machine. It required no complicated instructions, no mathematical skills. All you had to do was insert a coin in the slot, pull the lever, and wait for the reels to stop spinning to see the results. If all three of the disks displayed the same symbol, especially if it was the cracked Liberty Bell, luck was on your side. You had hit the jackpot!
Over the years, Frey’s machine became rather popular. The one-armed bandit, as fans lovingly called it, became so famous that, at some point, the demand outgrew the inventor’s ability to build units fast enough to keep his clients satisfied. Several other manufacturers attempted to buy his creation for mass production, but with Frey’s refusal to sell, the first knock-offs appeared in the gambling scene. The most prominent copycat was the Mills Company’s Operator Bell, which was the first to feature the now well-known fruit designs on its reels.
Although the first-ever Liberty Bell sits quietly at a Nevada museum, its legacy prevails to these days. The slot machine has become the most popular betting game on the planet by keeping more than 60% of worldwide casino goers entertained each day. This game has evolved on such a great scale that, as of 2020, there are thousands of registered websites and apps that allow you to play it. Some of them even have appealing promos, like welcome bonuses and free spins, to help you increase your winnings each day.
Online Slot Machines: Vegas Where?
The ’90s brought a lot of fun new trends into the world, but the mix between the internet and gambling is by far one of our favorites as it ignited a whole new era in the world of entertainment. The first online slot machines might have been a little primitive, but with improved graphics and more modern technologies, today’s gambling sites look better than ever. Although a trip to the casino will always be amusing, there’s no need to get off your couch when you can hit your favorite slot games and make some easy cash in the comfort of your own home.
When Luck Is Not Enough
Online slot machines have become a genius way to kill time and make a profit out of it. However, even when they’re known for being a seemingly straightforward game, there are some tips and tricks to keep in mind if you’re looking to win big when playing with the digital age one-armed bandit.
- Not all slots are the same. Always pick the ones with the highest payout and the best RTP rates.
- Play the imitation game. If you’re a newbie, check out what veteran players are doing and emulate their actions. Over time, this will help you better identify which slots pay better.
- Consider the risk factor. Even when high variability games pay the most, the safest machines to choose if you have a tight budget are the ones with low volatility.
- Don’t start by risking your own money. Look out for sites that offer free spins and welcome bonuses. Get a “free pass” that allows you to test the slots you’re interested in to find the one that suits you best.
- Bet big. Some online casinos won’t consider you a suitable candidate to win the jackpot if you keep on just taking the minimum risk.
- Be patient. Finding high paying slots takes some time. Just take it easy and have fun.
As you know, betting is already risky by nature, but the online factor has its very own set of dangers. It’s not all bad news, though. There are still many secure alternatives out there. Just make sure you find licensed gambling sites so that you know your credit card and other private information is safe. Find out more about reputable online slot machines and check out which options offer free spins at Goodluckmate.com.